Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Where it all began...


I really should have started this a few years ago, but hey, what can ya do??!

Well, where do I start with this never ending journey of mine?? I'll start from the beginning with a brief timeline of how it got to where it is at the moment...

I bought this 180sx in late August 2003. This is my second 180sx, after owning another one a year prior, which was unfortunately stolen by some thiefing scumbags who think that they don't have to work for what they have...

After my first 180sx was stolen I bought a Series 2 RX-7 with a 13B turbo in it, which was a fun car for a few months until it got stolen as well... I was doing well at this point... With no money left I had to get a loan to buy a shitter of a VL Calais until I could save for my next car, which was an RX3 with a 12A Peripheral Port. Now that was a cool car! Continuing with my tradition of not keeping a car for more than a few months I received an offer on the RX3 what I couldn't refuse, even though it was a hard decision at the time. I just couldn't resist the temptation of getting back into another 180sx. I sold the RX3, and a week later flew up to Canberra to buy my current 180sx.

The 180 had a few mods on it at the time, with some GAB Stroke II coilovers that had seen better days, a M's pod filter, Nismo strut brace, Momo steering wheel, Kakimoto cat back exhaust, 5 stud conversion, 2 way diff and a mild bodykit consisting of a TBO front bar, Veilside type II side skirts and an unknown rear wing. The car went well, and handled well, but it did neither well enough for me, and the mods soon began!

No comments: