Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Brakes

I'm a bit of a brake whore, so despite my previous setup working well on the track I couldn't resist moving onto something bigger and better for the return of the car. I figured I'm going to be arriving at corners with a fair bit more speed now, so they were warranted while I had the money to pay for them.

Old setup:

Front: Sumitomo calipers, Project Mu SCR rotors, Project Mu HC+ pads, Goodrich braided lines.

Rear: S14 calipers, RDA slotted rotors, DS2500 pads, Goodrich braided lines

New setup

Front: CSC 4 piston calipers, CSC 343mm 2 piece slotted rotors, CSC caliper mounts, EBC Yellow stuff pads, Maltech braided lines



Rear: Brembo R33 GT-R rear calipers, RDA slotted discs, DS2500 pads, Maltech braided lines



A little bit of an upgrade...

I have to give a massive thanks to Stuart at Benson Motorsport in Hobart (http://www.bensonmotorsports.com/) for finding the brakes for me. He put me onto the calipers and rotors which were 1 hill climb and half a track day old, and then sourced me caliper mounting brackets, as well as gave me a heap of advice in answer to all my annoying questions. Absolute champ.

For those that don't know who CSC is, they are an Australian company started by an ex-Harrop engineer. They are now known as BMAX, and are used on Ric Shaw's 24hr Nurburgring car so they're good stuff.

I can't wait to fit these bad boys up! I'll wait until the car is closer before I do as I want to keep my semi's in storage and stock rims obviously won't fit over the brakes.




















I'm going to have the rear Brembo's rebuilt, and then I'll paint them before they go on. I'll put another post up when I'm doing this.

No comments: